View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default Re: Why are the Steelers Making it More Difficult to Repeat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstTrollEver
Really? You don’t recall any great New England teams? Allow me to refresh your memory:

1. Patriots are 14-point underdogs to “The Greatest Show on Turf.” Belichick teaches 31 other teams how to beat St. Louis.
2. Tom Brady sets up Vinatieri’s 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to give New England a 32-29 victory over Carolina in one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever played.
3. The Patriots beat Philadelphia 24-21 and win their 3rd SB in 4 years. With that victory New England posts a gaudy 32-2 record since Sept. 28, 2003.

The Patriots provided the world with exciting Super Bowls. Pittsburgh provided the world with a Super Bore. And if you don’t think a 32-2 record in today’s NFL represents greatness then you need to step away from the pipe and walk away slowly.
one of the greatest sb's was bills vs. giants. 2 of the biggest sb bores was sf vs. san diego and sf vs denver. are you saying the giants were a greater team because of this? patriots are a damn good team but the only real competition they faced in this little run has been the steelers and the rams. they rely on the foot of a kicker to win 6 of their most important games (raiders, titans, colts, rams, carolina, eagles)

might as well watch soccer.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote