The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,738 Times in 1,691 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Week 4 PS Gameday thread: Steelers @ Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
this result doesn't surprise me. if anything, i liked seeing the young talent flash potential (mostly moye) and felix jones looks like a good pickup and may be a keeper.

also the carolina players that played today, were stacked with ex-starter veterans, while we're playing guys who haven't sniffed a single nfl start.

we're going into the season with our starting lineup healthy, and that's a great thing considering what happened the last few years.
I was just talking with a buddy who is a Cowboys fan. Really Felix Jones is a talented guy. Has injury issues, but he played behind a lackluster offensive line in Dallas. The Cowboys keep trying to fix all their issues by getting new running backs instead of fixing the offensive line. That's why they've gone through Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, and are now working on wasting Demarco Murray. I think Jones was an excellent pickup in a trade for a backup linebacker. He's got good speed, good vision, and I think he can be an asset to this team. The only reason I don't think he stuck with the Eagles is because they have Shady McCoy, Bryce Brown, and Chris Polk. It's a bit of a crowded backfield in Philly. Ours is too but I think I like Felix Jones over Stephens-Howling. With time I might even like him better than Dwyer or Redman.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote