harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,127 Times in 3,755 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Scouting Department needs some change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyce23 View Post
One study I saw said that 30% of drafted players are starters for at least three years. I'm assuming that means they can be starters for any team in the NFL. By that metric, and my calculation on hits-and-misses since Tomlin's tenure, we're right at that 30% mark. I guess that makes us average, but with the competition involved in scouting these players, I'm betting the variation between teams in hit-and-miss percentages are slight and probably statistically negligible, so "average" is probably the best one can hope for, at least from a long-term perspective.

I can post the link to the study if that's acceptable here. I just know some forums don't like outside links, and I don't want to get banned or anything, so that's why it's not included at the moment.
Thanks, and I always appreciate the links posted.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
dyce23 (09-05-2013)