Old 06-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Penguins Select Jordan Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Well, we were picking 2nd overall in the draft. Eitherway your going to grab a good hockey player. Staal will be special in my opinion. I think he will compliment both Malkin and Crosby very nicely. Staal also comes from good hockey stalk. He has two older brothers in the NHL, Eric being the most noted. Recently won the cup with Carolina and is one hell of a hockey player.

As for defenseman. We did take three defenseman in this draft after drafting Staal. With the exception of Erik Johnson, there wasn't a defenseman taken until the 16th overall pick. It's hard passing up on a kid like Staal in order to take Ty Wishart (16th overall). For the most part I think we made the right decisions. We got a damn good future forward to play with Crosby, Malkin and Armstrong while also stacking up on our defense.

With the exception of Staal, the one player I'm going to keep a close eye on is defenseman Carl Sneep. Kid is 6-4 210. I would love to see this kid turn into a good, solid, punishing defensive/defenseman. We have not had that since Ulf Samuelson. Should be fun to watch.
Thanks man for the info. Like I said I don't get into the NHL like other sports. So I don't know as much about it like I do the other sports. This kid Staal sounds like a really good player. Pens do have alot of promising talent. They are getting Malkin back right? I will try to get into the NHL. I hope the Pens stay in the Burgh.

Pittsburgh till I die brother.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote