View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,837 Times in 3,709 Posts
Default firecracker 400- who to watch/ who will win

just watch the race. it is at daytona and daytona is great. anyone can be a darkhorse (hell jimmy spenser won this race before). team penske is ready to break through at a restrictor plate. if both cars are still running at the end they can sneak out a win. unfortunately they dont ride chevys. hendrick motorsports is the chevy team with the most cars. it helps explain the recent dominance. conspiracy theories aside when d.e.i. was dominant their restrictor plate program was pretty much a 4+ car team effort with dei and childress. after dales death the greatest restrictor plate racer, and the alliance of the 2 teams couldnt be as strong as a single team with 4 cars.

1) t. stewart
2) j. johnson
3) j. gordon
4) d. hamlin
5) d. earnhardt jr.

definitely watch kenseth, biffle, newman, kurt and kyle bush, vickers, martin, e. saddler and possibly d. jarrett. any of these drivers can crack the top 5, and as biffle proved with his 1st career win, anything can happen. it should be one of the best races of the year.

(also reported that it will be the biggest fireworks show in the south east. and its not even the 4th!)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote