Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Defense,ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtainCall View Post
The defensive game of football is, and always has been won by pressuring the QB. If you can disrupt even the best- P.Manning, Brady, or any other QB from any other era; their offense will break down. You need look no further than the KC Chiefs. They went from winning 2 games last year to being undefeated thus far. They know how to disrupt the QB. Pittsburgh is one of the worst I've seen this year, and last year for that matter. You need some young guys and teach them the art of the pass rush, if they don't already thrive on it. OFFENSE: I have been a supporter of Ben since day one, but it saddens me to say "I can no longer make excuses". I know he has a bad O line, and he is chased around many times, but that throw that throw, and interception down by the goal line is representative of Ben. He is now a 10 year vet and if he can't throw the ball away on a play like that then he will kill this team when it counts most. AGAIN; I saw a receiver laughing after missing a sure catch for first down toward the end of the 4th Q. That tells me all I need to know about my beloved Steelers. They just don't get it anymore. I almost can't believe what I'm seeing when I watch this stuff. How did a team digress to this point in such a short time?! They must feel that there is no accountabilty, and no price to pay; That starts with the head coach. He can talk about UNLEASING whatever he wants, but all he's unleashed is a crock of crap. Been a Steeler fan since even before our winning started, and for the first time. I am ashamed; not to be called a Steelers fan, just ashamed of our current team. Again I say "I am from Mike's hometown", but he's just not the coach for this team if he can't at least put the "job loss" fear into his players.
Brown smiling after a drop got on my nerves as well. I'm not so sure the fear of job loss works with today's type of player - unfortunately between new league rules and the attitudes that exist, I don't see the fear of God working with these players either. I really truly believe that management also has a part to play in the current product - particularly scouting. I'm starting to wonder if the coaching has not caught up with what methods will work in getting the best out of players as I'm perplexed at the time it takes our new guys to develop versus some other teams. Combine that with the way things are set up - I just think we're closer to seeing more up and down play, a lesser product/watered down players, and parity.

In terms of body types and schemes, look at the way the NFL is changing because of what is being taught at the college level. It used to be that players had to adapt to the NFL - in many ways that is still true, but look at how things are changing to adapt to the modern college player. We're seeing taller, leaner, faster guys all over the field now. If you're getting beat athletically across the board, there's not much you can do.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-28-2013), SteelCurtainCall (10-28-2013)