harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,739 Times in 4,286 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Defense,ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
I can't agree with you about questioning our D and for that matter I don't understand why people even bring them up at all. They have played pretty damned good this year. Are they the 70's Steelers or the best in the league? No. But they don't have to be.

Every loss this year is on the offense. No question about it. You can't turnover the ball like they do and expect our D to play lights out. They are stuck on the field getting wore down and constantly put in shitty situations because of turnovers and our O not moving the ball and changing field position for us.
There have been a few drives where they just couldn't get off the field, but the defenses overall performance from game to game is more than enough to help win games.

The offense has really struggled at times (yes I blame the O-line), but they have improved a lot throughout the first half of the season (yes I credit the O-line).

Special teams has been much improved over years past, except the punter. And as far as penalties go we're doing really good.

Back to the OP's point about discipline from coaches, I will point out that Coughlin is thought of as one of the toughest coaches, and the Giants aren't winning either.