GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,505 Times in 729 Posts
Default Re: Dez Bryant Goes "All T.O." On Sidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I guess I don't have a problem with Dez Bryant getting angry and fired up. With our team it's always the opposite, when things aren't going our way they're sulking around looking all depressed on the sidelines with their heads hung low. Sometimes you've got to have that guy who steps up and gets mad and tries to get everyone else fired up. I think there's a double standard here, when Tom Brady or Peyton Manning yell at their teammates they're just being great leaders... but when Dez Bryant does it he's being immature, and throwing a temper tantrum?

Trent Dilfer was talking about this tonight prior to the Seahawks - Rams game. He went on about how Ray Lewis would chew him out when he messed up, and how Rod Woodson would chew out Ray Lewis when he messed up. It's part of football. The cameras now just get fixated on this kind of thing and it gets blown way out of proportion by the media and sports pundits. I also don't have a problem with Dez Bryant's comment about Megatron. I don't believe he said he was better than Megatron outright, he said that he thought that he can do anything that Megatron can do. There's nothing wrong with a young guy trying to have some confidence and swagger going into a game against arguably, the NFL's best receiver. The Lions almost lost this game if it wasn't for Dallas and their knack for choking at the end of games. Dez Bryant is a player that seems to be getting better and better, I don't much care for him myself but even I can admit that he's got the raw natural talent to be just as good as Calvin Johnson. Thing is Calvin Johnson is a vet, he's in his prime and Dez Bryant is up-and-coming. If Bryant can stay healthy, with a couple more seasons under his belt I think he's going to be scary good.
Good point. I was watching the clip and thinking that the sport media talking heads are WAY to overanalytical about irrelevant crap like sideline body language (which to this day is being used to crucify Jay Cutler for his "fake" injury). Unless teammates are complaining to the press about it, I don't want to hear some pencil-necked media geek with no knowledge about team psychology trying to tell me how horrible normal behavior is.
IowaSteeler927 (10-29-2013), zcoop (10-29-2013)