View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #76
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Cortez Allen Also demoted (Gay promoted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
I said better than Ike in this stage of their respective careers, meaning in Ike's 3rd year with the Steelers, he wasn't better than Lewis. Lewis has 3 picks already, I don't remember Ike having 3 picks in a whole season! Wasn't Allen and Lewis drafted at the same time? I could be mistaking. My point is out of all the CB's we drafted or got through free agency in the last decade and a half, Lewis turned out to be the best one, and we didn't even offer him a contract. Maybe DL felt Lewis was better at man to man than the 10 yard cushion zone that we run, that's why they let him go. I don't know but I hated the move. I seldom question what this organization does cause they usually have a good plan B, but when a guy like Lewis comes along, he IS plan B, C and D. Now we gotta deal with plan E and F at the CB position for EPIC FAIL!!!
Ike's forte' is locking down the WR. Few in the league are better than him. Sadly, he's got hands of stone.

Who knows, maybe when it's all said and done, Lewis will have a better career than both Ike and Cortez.

Keenan is in his 5th season.
Cortez is in his 3rd season.

While CA hasn't been wowing anyone so far, he still cracked the starting line up ahead of Lewis in this stage of their respective careers.

I was high on Lewis when he was drafted because of how physical he was, but he apparently didn't develop quickly. Hopefully Cortez will.

It's too early to tell who will be better. Lewis only has one year of starts under his belt and he was looking for a contract in that year. He's looking good so far down in NOLA, but a year and half does not a career make.

I'm also not sure you can just say Lewis was "better than Ike." Why, because of picks alone? Stats don't tell the whole story. And if you want to bring up Ike being benched, then you also have to look at how long it took Lewis to start. I seem to recall him drawing a lot of flags in the pre-season a few years back.

If only he'd have won the #2 job sooner. They may have made signing him a priority before last season. No one to blame here for that except Lewis.

Last edited by NJarhead; 11-02-2013 at 12:12 PM.
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJarhead For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-02-2013), teegre (11-02-2013)