View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #86
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: 2013-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins Regular Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Ended up being closer than it should have. They truly looked terrible for the most part last night...worst they've looked all year I'd say. They've lost a bunch of games where they played well and probably should have won...this was definitely not one of them.

Next couple of games are going to be brutal if they play like that. Boston up next on Monday and then Toronto on Wed.

Just curious, but are they promoting the Wednesday game as Rivalry night again? If so that would make it the 4th week in a row...just weird.
It was a nice comeback. But too little too late. I was in fear when Malkin went down. Relieved to see him finish the game. Haven't heard whether he hurt himself and/or if it will cause him to miss any time. It would be a HUGE loss at an inopportune time if he were to miss upcoming games. As you point out, the next two are tough; both teams will be good measuring sticks for Pittsburgh. We can find out where this team is at competing with the best teams in the East.

Wednesday's game is on Root Sports and TSN (Canada). So it is not carried by NBCSN, thus I don't believe it is a Rivalry Night game. I also did notice the Pens have been featured the past 3 weeks - Capitals, Flyers, and Rangers. Honestly, let other teams play on that stage. I also don't believe Pens/Leafs is a rivalry. Just another series between two teams, IMO.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
SteelCityMom (11-24-2013)