The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,460 Posts
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I don't watch too much of NU, but I can agree with Pelini's attitude when he addresses the media. It's unprofessional, IMO, and based on what you stated. He's supposed to be the head coach, who sets an example for the players to follow. I think it's disgusting to swear, cuss, and make erratic statements to the public. Seems like Pelini is creating a negative aura as a result. This could have affected the Huksers' play over recent years. Since he arrived I don't think NU has any "HUGE" wins. They've lost a handful or two of games they should've won. i.e. the UCLA home-and-home series. Thus, I don't believe he has much more leverage if he can't win starting next season. The expectations at a program like Nebraska are high. I think the program, fans, and school thought Pelini was going to lead them back to prominence when they hired him. Nebraska's won 9-10 games and played in quality bowl games in his tenure. But, they have yet to reach the BCS and the National Championship. Pelini has failed to lead them to that next level, up from where they are now. I'd say if they don't show strides next year, he may be on the hot seat for 2015, or he will be let go. Can't see the program allowing any more of his antics...
Agree completely. It just floors me that he hasn't received his walking papers yet. I thought for sure after their loss to us that'd be the last straw. I'd say one more humiliating loss and he's gone.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote