Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #38
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,643 Times in 1,994 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Big 10 sucks, SEC rules

Hey, I agree with most of the Buckeye criticism. I still love them though and always will.

The REAL out of conference contenders have dodged our contracts for years now, and we've been stuck with low top 25 talent as our "big games" because of it. I'd like to see us go up against top 10 talent a few games a year for a spell and watch them improve from there, but something tells me schools will continue to avoid the contracts that'll allow that. We played some big teams under Tressel and one some championships, too. We haven't had a schedule with that talent on it in a while and i'm hoping that changes.

Michigan State flat out EARNED that game last night, and i'm not making excuses. We made it into a game, but they were the better team. We have the pieces to be a great football team, but we'll never win a championship under Meyer if our schedule every year continues to be soft. We've always had close conference games, even in our championship seasons, but our out of conference schedule was tough in those seasons, too, and that helped prepare us for the big game.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote