Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,126 Times in 1,816 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Member of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Again, putting words in my mouth... I don't think it's an inside job nor am I mad about it. The winners are great members that I definitely don't have qualms about. Admins and mods are in those roles for a reason, you guys/gals keep this running and do it very well or else the torches and pitchforks would be out. My point was that admins/mods already have the recognition of being great members of this board by their additional role(s) on the board.

I guess, to me, when an admin/mod get the "award" it's a 'well, duh' moment for me because you all keep this beast running and put in a lot of unpaid time. All the admins/mods could get it every week, imho.
I see what you're saying. When we choose a winner what always comes into consideration, first and foremost, is what a user does on the forum. What posts they've made, what topics they've contributed to. The Administrators and Moderators will always be appreciated for what they do to keep the forum clean and to improve and manage it, but I feel that sometimes Administrators and Moderators can go out of there way to be great forum contributors outside of those regards, too.

We've given out 21 Member of the Week awards since the system was implemented, and a moderator or administrator has won the award 5 times. I know recently I've even asked past winners who they thought deserved to be a new winner, and on multiple occasions a member of the moderators or administrators came up. I will obviously take a change into consideration (as I do with everything) and see what everyone's opinion is. I was even considering a nominee and voting system for Member of the Week over what we do now, but that seems like a lot of work for something that happens every week.

Sorry if I put any words into your mouth. This whole thing has been sort of a running joke among members so I have a heard time reading certain things.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-20-2013), harrison'samonster (12-17-2013), Lady Steel (12-18-2013)