View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,558 Posts
Default Re: PREDICTION: The Super Bowl XLVIII champions will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Carolina and Seattle are as close to a lock as you'll get. I don't buy the 49ers hype and the Saints have slipped up too many times on defense for me to have any confidence. Seattle and the Panthers are just the most complete teams in the NFC right now and arguably the NFL.
Absolutely.

That "assuredness" is what makes me think that it won't happen. Too good to be true.

Quote:
I don't see the AFC North winner getting passed the first round, especially if they have to play the Chiefs.
If I told you my reasoning (if you call it that) for why I'm backing the North, you'd laugh at me to no end.

As for a more 'logical' reason, both the Bengals and Ravens have legit Ds. That seems like proper compensation for their excuse-ridden Os.

The biggest flaw of the North teams is that they're better at home and will [most likely] not have HFA past the first round. Whichever wins the division should TCB in the WC game.

Quote:
My bold prediction for these playoffs - Peyton goes 0-2 with the Broncos in the playoffs and keeps on his proud tradition of doing dick all in the post season.
Bold?!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

That's faint!

Could totally see it happening. All it takes is one 'nobody believes in us!' day from a defense (BAL/CIN/KC) and a few errant Manning passes and the upset is on.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSMaster56 For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (12-19-2013)