View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Steelers in pretty good shape overall

Yeah, we will lose the likes of Vincent, Bell, Burress, and already lost Ross... but with the team we have together now, the return of Simmons to RG and the addition of Starks at RT, and the way the negotiations are going well w/ players like Reed, Williams, and Bettis resigning along w/ Foote. We dont need to do much manuevering in FA this year.

You see all these teams making all these moves, sending 10s of millions of dollars to all the FA's..and all the teams spending money are the ones that STINK ! Browns, Cowboys, etc.

We may lose some players..but the corp, the group that really helped get us there, will be back...and Ben has more than a regular seasons worth of games under his belt for experience...so if we dont make any big splashes in FA, it wont bother me much. The only thing I'd like to see is maybe try and grab a WR in FA if we can, to help take some pressure off El and Ward next year, since I dont think Mays is ready to step up and be a big time player yet. Zamir Cobb is an interesting prospect, but sat on the bench all 2004 w/ a knee injury, but he's got great size like Burress, so he'll get his shot.

Now Depth, thats alittle different..we'll need to shore up the OL, DL, & LB positions...depth wise, in the draft and or FA. Our backups came thru w/ flying colors last year, so it's imperative that we keep good depth everywhere as possible.

Just my .02 so far in the offseason. :)
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote