View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,085 Times in 4,283 Posts
Default Re: Draft pick #15

4 - 5 Quarterbacks will be off the board. Matthews, Barr and Clowney will be too. That's 9 players at the very least. Going from there, I can see 3 - 4 players who we'll be on the board for. These are them in my personal order in terms of necessity and not necessarily talent:

1. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.

Pro Player Comparison: Ed Reed

2. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

Pro Player Comparison: Charles Tillman

3. C.J. Mosley, Inside Linebacker, Alabama.

Pro Player Comparison: Derrick Johnson

Mosley and Dennard may not be there at 15, but Clinton-Dix will. He's a guy that when I see him play, he just consistently makes plays. He reminds me a lot of a younger, more raw Ed Reed in his ball-hawking ability. While he can struggle in run support at times, he's a sure tackler. He makes excellent reads and can give us that splash play we haven't had in years in our secondary. He's currently my first round pick for us at 15th overall. Going with that, here's my current mock:

1. HaHa Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.
2. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
3. (Compensatory Selection) Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida

Aaron Donald's "height issues" are going to make Steelers fans weep with joy when he's on the board in the second round. He's not 6'5, but he plays like Geno Atkins. Put him on the line with Heyward with McLendon anchoring the middle with Jarvis getting stronger and more comfortable with the system in the off season and our passing rushing issues vanish. Don't ask Donald and Heyward to play a 2 gap system and let them attack and create interior pressure and we could lead the league in sacks. It's amazing what a strong DE and proper scheme would do for a team.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
emarines (12-30-2013), harrison'samonster (12-30-2013), NSMaster56 (12-30-2013)