Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Kelvin Benjamin article

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That's why he shouldn't be a R1 pick.
I understand every receiver is going to have drops, Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins have had their fair share too, but it's just a bad sign when somebody can make a lowlight video of bad drops from just a single season of play. Benjamin is definitely promising but 15 would definitely be in "reach" territory unless he BLOWS UP the combine and has hands of glue in every practice/drill leading up to the draft.

I will give him credit for that catch the other night though, he came through when his team needed him most in the postseason, which is already more than Limas Sweed ever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Nearly every draft pundit has the top 5 receivers in this draft as Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, and Robinson. All are physicals players and have the size to boot. Just outside of these top five is Jordan Matthews of Vanderbilt and having seen him a lot, I see a sure handed player that is not,(if any) behind these top five guys. Trouble is I am not the only one who sees this and I think he goes 2nd round at the worst and might sneak ahead of one or two of these other guys. My sleeper and after the combine I believe will be a big climber is Donte Moncrief. He is fast, big, physical. I think he has a great combine and will move into the 2nd round. His numbers this past year were not head turning but his QB had shoulder issues nearly all year and his team mate was the #1 receiver out of HS which took some targets away from him. I am on record as to liking both these guys but could only hope to get either one if they somehow drop to the 3rd round. But then why would the drop?
Jordan Matthews is a motherfucking beast. I will never forget watching the Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss game earlier this year when he kept getting pummeled and was puking on the sidelines and just kept coming into the game and making clutch catches. Easily the toughest wide receiver I have seen at any level of the game since Hines Ward, I just remember thinking "87 on Vanderbilt is a fucking man." He would be a first or second round pick easily if it weren't for the fact that this draft class is littered with physical freaks at WR and Jordan Matthews just doesn't meet that description. I'd love to have him but he seems a reach with our first or second round pick and will almost surely be gone by the 3rd comp pick. But man, I've just gotta give major respect to this dude wherever he goes.

EDIT: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...matthews-catch
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-09-2014), Steelstoned1972 (01-09-2014)