IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Heroic Armed Citizen Stops Movie Texting With Gun, Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
the famous words after a dog bites someone by the dogs owner is ...." well he's never bit anyone before. ". people are even less predictable than dogs. you never know what a persons capable of in the heat of the moment. i had a former classmate shot and killed by a 74 year old man over a property line dispute just last year. i doubt anyone that knew the old man woulda thought him capable of murder over something so trivial. pissed off people make bad decisions. unfortunately there's no do overs and you have to live with regret.
i'm certainly not gonna defend the old guy. he coulda just left and asked for a refund when he got apparently no response from the theater staff about the complaint. which they should have addressed it immediately .OR mr texty could've shown the old guy a bit of respect and followed the rules of the cinema. according to the last article i posted an eyewitness said the old guy asked him SEVERAL times to stop. then to further antagonize the old man he runs his yap when the guy comes back and throws shit at him ? what the hell happened to the concept of respecting your elders ?
Shitty situation all around. Definitely shouldn't have gone so far as to shoot the guy but I agree had the guy just followed the rules or listened to the older guy perhaps he might still be alive. Hindsight is always 20/20 however, and even though he was texting that will never justify murder. I read somewhere that the older gentleman (the shooter) had gone out to the lobby at one point during the dispute so I'm curious as to whether or not he complained to the theater staff and they just turned a blind eye to all of it? I know when I got complaints at the theater I went right in and told people to knock their shit off. Constantly had to tell people to stay off their phones, not to talk, and to stop putting their feet on the damn chairs. I'd be interested to hear what transpired when he was out in the lobby.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-15-2014)