Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,115 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: 2013-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins Regular Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Well, Pens had a pretty rough time after their 4 day break. Despite getting both Neal and Martin back (aside from Bennett, we have a complete roster now), they fell flat against the Panthers...losing 5-1. Not much to say about it, it was just a terrible game.

On a more positive note, Tomas Vokoun has been off of blood thinners for a week, and will leave his cozy Florida home to start skating in Pittsburgh tomorrow! Bylsma states that once his blood levels are normal, he can start taking shots.

And not Pens news, but funny nonetheless (because I hate Torts and relish in his angry face), the incidents between the Flames and Canucks the other night led to Hartley (Flames coach) being fined $25k, and Torts being suspended from the team for 15 days (6 games) without pay.

Here's what happened at the beginning of the game...

Here's what Torts got suspended for...

And blast from the past, Clint Malarchuk, getting involved. I wish he'd gotten his hands on Tortorella. For those who may not remember, Malarchuk was the Sabres goalie that had his jugular vein slit open during a game in '89, and was spurting blood onto the ice. Dude cheated death...Tortorella wouldn't have survived him.
I watched the video of Malarchuk getting an artery severed. That was really, really bad. Enough to give me the chills and I've seen some bad injuries first hand.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote