View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 11:16 AM   #40
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Penguins Hire Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalke
i gotta tell you guys...i'm getting pretty damn tired of seeing all these teams signing people to improve/stabilize their teams and seeing the pens completely frickin silent. it's frustrating, you know?
While I agree that it's frustrating, my only explanation is that Shero is waiting until next season to sign one or two big name FA's. At the same time we will have Malkin on this roster who I feel will make an immediate impact. If you look at the FA pool, there isn't much there. As I stated in a previous post, I think Shero is putting together role players (Ruutu and Eaton) while waiting until next year to sign the big names. If you happen to look at who's becoming FA's after next season you will see that the players to choose from are very good.

Personally, I'm willing to wait another season while this team makes the changes necessary in order to make this a cup contending team for years to come. It's not as if we are dealing with the Pirates. Changes are being made from the top on down and this teams future is very, very bright.