SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,374 Times in 4,012 Posts
Default Re: Starkey: Steelers must rebuild 'Stained Curtain'

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
when the game slows down for Jones, I think he's going to shine on this defense. Will it be this year? I think if he gets a lot of playing time it will. I also like Vince Williams. For as deep in the draft as we picked him up, I think he can be a starter in this league.
Oh absolutely. Le'Veon said the game slowed down for him about half way into the season and that's when things really started to pick up for him. It's all about adjusting to the speed of the game at the next level. Jarvis had to learn the hard way that he can't beat NFL tackles with just his motor this season. Not only has he fully acknowledged this, but he's dedicated to improving. I love this kids work ethic. Unfortunately for Jarvis, the NFL requires more out of defensive coordinators than "use your motor" like he was told at Georgia.

As for VW, I'm right there with ya. He was improving in coverage to become a three down Linebacker (which we haven't had in years due to Foote's age slowing him down). I think another offseason is going to do wonders for this kid. That is assuming of course that we don't draft Mosley.

Or we can listen to @jb500ex and just cut Jarvis right now because he sucks. Pass rushers have to get 10 sacks in their first year, make the Pro Bowl, become a first team All Pro selection or they can get the fuck out.

Some people.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-06-2014), Steelstoned1972 (02-07-2014)