View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #7
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989
Default Re: 4 Round Mock (w/ options)

It's a copycat league. I highly highly doubt Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be around with our 2nd or 3rd pick. I think after the combine he could be a late 1st or very early 2nd round pick. I think recreating what Seattle does on defense personnel wise is a sure fire way to bust on you picks.

Pete Carroll was interviewed and he even said that he's dreamed of and attempted to put together that kind of secondary his entire coaching career starting in the 1980's. He finally has it. The point is in almost three decades of coaching pro and college ball he failed a ton attempting to assemble it.

Why not select the technically sound, mature players who are surely going to be overlooked simply because they are not 6'1 or better with 35 inch long arms? My fav DB's in the draft are Jason Verrett from TCU (5'10 180) and Lamarcus Joyner of FSU (5'9 190) and I think EJ Gaines is immensely talented but will slip to the 4th because he is 5'10 190. I think CB should be addressed 2nd or 3rd rd same as WR. That's where the value will be.
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote