View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,721 Times in 792 Posts
Default Re: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creation) Debate @ Creation Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
It was a joke. It was held on Ham's turf, and all the creationists still swear up and down that science is bullshit and doesn't hold up to its own testing, no matter how many successful tests or blatant evidence you put in front of them. I got fired up during the debate because of how ridiculous Ham is, and I have a couple of relatives who are creationists (one of whom tried to add me on Facebook once he caught wind of my, uh, extremely honest and blunt posts, so he could argue with me), but at the end of it all, I've realized this: we just need to prevent these morons from getting public office and swaying the vote, and letting their culture die out. It's not going to end any other way, unfortunately.

The main problem is, though, that they'll still infect their children while they have the chance.
I agree. I even agree that it's ok to practice religion, ONLY if you use common sense to filter out the BS that's in each "holy book"... beginning with anything that causes war or division. You can spot man's selfish aspirations all through each of them...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-14-2014), Buddha Bus (02-15-2014)