View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #12
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340
Default Re: Can Steelers count on AB,Wheaton, Moye/Cotchery next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEW View Post
I think you misread my post. I dont want Nix in round 1. I dont want a NT high, period. They dont play enough to warrant that high of a selection. I would like to go WR or DB #1. That has to be the priority. This team is in desperate need of play makers, as in an offensive player who gets 20+ yard plays or a defender that causes turnovers. A NT does none of that, while also only playing 50% of the game, at most.
I agree with this! I understand DL's 3-4 philosophy, but all teams gonna do is spread us out and throw all day, leaving Nix on the sideline 75% of the year maybe more. Gotta get someone to cover AJ Green, Tory Smith, Josh Gordon. Our current CB situation is below average to average, at best. Also need a MLB to play next to Timmons. Hopefully Spence can do it, but I would rather use our 1st pick on a MLB rather than a NT. Losing Foote and Harrison hurt our run defense more than not having a stout NT. As for a WR, I say develop the rooks from last year. J Brown and Moye are good tall receivers. Run in the end zone, and out jump your defender. I think they should be able to handle that with another year under their belts.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EbonySteel86 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-15-2014)