Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #17
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340
Default Re: Steelers Sunday / The secondary: A long, hard fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Agreed Lewis wanted to leave looks like a cover story

Steelers were not going to pay to keep both Lewis and Taylor for the same reason they are not going to keep both Woodley and Worilds - their strategy is not to collectively sink too many dollars into any position other than QB, where you are stuck paying top $ for a top shelf QB. And they were reluctant to pay Lewis without a longer track record as a starter (although they are now probably going to pay Worilds)

Props to Gerry Dulac of the P-G for saying Lewis should stay and Ike should go 11 months ago

Question from my weekly chat: Have the #Steelers spoken with Keenan Lewis? My answer....

I'm sure they have. I think the Steelers want to re-sign Lewis, but I also think they believe he is going to test the free agent market and that some team will overpay and make him a big offer -- an offer the Steelers won't match. Plus, the Steelers are comfortable knowing they have Cortez Allen behind Lewis.
It's too bad. I think the Steelers needed to see one more good year out of Lewis before they would give him a big contract. He's a good young player and it will be too bad if he is not re-signed. Personally, if you have to make tough financial decisions, I'd rather see them get rid of Ike Taylor and keep Lewis and Allen.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...-bfd990515b89/
I was beating this drum also last year. The whole, "he wanted to go home" was some BS! Based on what I saw last year, Lewis was far and away the best CB we had, and no way in hell we should've kept Ike over him. Ike is a decent CB, who's skills are diminishing and who also excelled in this system that covered up a lot of what he can't do. Lewis was and up and coming All Star, who in my opinion, could've been one of the best CB's to ever put on a Steeler uniform. Since I been watching the Steelers the only DB's that I ever got really excited about watching was, Woodson, Lake, Troy and Lewis! We hit AND missed on this guy, for no reason at all! Till this day I still don't understand why we let him go.....FOR NOTHING, on top of that! Please Tomlin, Gilbert or Dennard in the 1st. Don't make the same mistake twice!
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EbonySteel86 For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (02-17-2014)