View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #26
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Bill Nye (Evolution) vs. Ken Ham (Creation) Debate @ Creation Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSteel7 View Post
Really, Nazi theory rested creationism now Darwinism? Dude, read credible historical books that show Hitler and Stalin were never Christians by the way. They both leaned on Darwinism to kill how many millions of people? In fact, used to tape victims being tortured and their skin taken off their bodies and drank wine and laughed at the tapes as he listened to them. He also used to have lamp shades made of human skin. Why don't you read Hitler's book that he wrote and tell me how much he truly believed in creationism.
Is that why the works of CharlesDarwin and Ernst Haeckel was banned in Nazi Germany? Darwin's work was also banned in the USSR until 1936.

The Nazis commenced a policy of banning, burning or censoring books, as soon as they took office in the early 1930's.

This appeared at number 6 of "General Principles for the Compilation of Blacklists", in May 1933.

"Writings of a philosophical and social nature whose content deals with the false scientific enlightenment of primitive Darwinism and Monism"

Another list called "Blacklist for Public Libraries and Commercial Lending Libraries", included this;

"All writings that ridicule, belittle or besmirch the Christian religion and its institution, faith in God, or other things that are holy to the healthy sentiments of the Volk."

As for Mein Kampf, well this quote seems fairly cut and dried.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Nazi racial theories had nothing to do with Charles Darwin. They were based on the work of a French aristocrat called Joseph Arthur comte de Gobineau, titled Essay on the Inequality of Human Races, and the work of Houston Stewart Chamberlain, an English writer on political philosophy and natural science.

The formers theories are incompatible with Darwin, as de Gobineau believed that the races of Man were created separately, with the Aryan Race as the Master Race. As shown in the diagram in SteelCityMoms post.

The Nazis believed that Aryans inter breeding with the lesser races would cause degeneracy. They believed this degeneracy came in the form of what we would recognise as disabilities, mental illness, etc.

They believed that by murdering people so afflicted, that they would purify the Aryan blood, and preserve the Aryan Race.

This is a form of ethnic cleansing rather than Eugenics, not as though Eugenics is particularly Darwinian in any case.

Houston Stewart Chamberlain, another intellectual father of Nazism, openly opposed Darwinism.

“Darwin specially recommends his theory for our acceptance in that it also promises to mankind that all corporal and mental endowments will tend to progress in the direction towards perfection. I, on the contrary, should have thought that we might have contented ourselves with the gifts of a Plato, a Descartes, a Leonardo, a Goethe, a Kant … how far better this than that we, fooled by delusions out of a bestial past that is no past … should with outstretched greedy hands, without cease or rest, clutch at a phantastic future in which natural selection, in its blind choice, is forsooth to transfigure us into an exalted being, the like of which is beyond the imagination of the great and holy and sublime men of the present generation!”

By the look of it, he also appeared to completely fail to understand Darwin.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wagen For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-17-2014)