Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,922 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Timing right for Steelers to draft tall WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Kelvin Benjamin or no one.

We need a tall, physical red-zone threat who can jump in immediately. If that is available, take it. As I stated in a post a while back, I know our defense needs help, but I feel like putting our offense over the top with a single pick will help more in both the short- and long-term than will rebuilding the defense. This team wound up kicking far too many field goals in the red zone last year.
The more I listen to Benjamin talking, the more I want him over Evans. For whatever that is worth as a fan - I'm not getting "good fan vibes" from Evans. I'm not hearing very good things about Benjamin's route running consistency, however, what is he like down the middle/vertically? I've also heard he loves setting up the run game and coming from a receiver - that is the perfect attitude to have coming to the Steelers.

Anybody that can give me more insight into Evans' attitude and intangibles v. others (like I'm thinking Robinson from Penn State in the 2nd round or should we not go near him?)

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-18-2014), harrison'samonster (02-18-2014), Steelstoned1972 (02-18-2014)