SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,064 Times in 4,582 Posts
Default Re: Timing right for Steelers to draft tall WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Mike Evans' "attitude" wasn't a problem until he got two penalties in the Sugar Bowl. Not that that's great but it's being blown way out of proportion. He's hardly a diva. And he's very good at blocking in the run game too.

The more I think about it the more I think WR will be the pick. Nix has the knee issues and may only play 2 downs, CB and S are very deep and will have options in round 2 nearly as good as round 1, OT seems less and less a need...only other solid pick seems to be Mosley.

I'm going all in on Evans (again). If Ben Roethlisberger were to design his ideal wideout, Evans would be it. Tall, strong, physical, works hard when the play breaks down, straight up dominant, blocks for the run game...and I am confident his speed is not anywhere near as big an issue as some think. Watch his tape, he's no Mike Wallace but I see no issues with his speed. We need defense, but Evans puts our offense from league average to fantastic.
He had penalty and attitude problems all season. That and the fact that his pass interference that he gets away with at the collegiate level will be called in the NFL. His poor footspeed, bad attitude and penalty trouble makes him a no go.

The CBs after Gilbert and Dennard aren't nearly as good. Is the CB class deep? Sure, but so is the receiver class. It's arguably more deep with more talent than CB. After Watkins and Evans, there are quality receivers in Robinson, Adams, Lee and Benjamin all viable second round picks.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-18-2014), steelfury02 (02-18-2014)