PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,119 Times in 536 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Timing right for Steelers to draft tall WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
He had penalty and attitude problems all season. That and the fact that his pass interference that he gets away with at the collegiate level will be called in the NFL. His poor footspeed, bad attitude and penalty trouble makes him a no go.

The CBs after Gilbert and Dennard aren't nearly as good. Is the CB class deep? Sure, but so is the receiver class. It's arguably more deep with more talent than CB. After Watkins and Evans, there are quality receivers in Robinson, Adams, Lee and Benjamin all viable second round picks.
There will be good players at both positions left in the second. But to me the dropoff after the first round receivers (Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, and I think Robinson could go first too) is much larger than the dropoff after the 1st round CBs (Dennard and Gilbert).

I really don't think any of those receivers are going to be there in the second. When all is said and done Watkins, Evans, and Lee are first round locks and Benjamin and Robinson probably still go top 40 if not first round. I'd love to have Dennard but I don't think he's that much better than Gilbert, Fuller, Roberson, Purifoy, and Joyner; they're all very close in my eyes and one of them is sure to be there at 46.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
Steelstoned1972 (02-18-2014)