View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,199 Posts
Default Re: Was Steve McLendon That Bad? And What About Louis Nix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEW View Post
I don't see the need toreplace two thirds of our defensive line. The issues on defense can mainly be attributed to the back seven, NOT the front three.

Ive said it before, you have to pick the spots on your team that youre OK with just being OK or solid because it is unrealistic to have a stud in every position. Mac is solid enough to start the remaining years of his contract.

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that a 340 pound fat guy that is a two down player with no ability to rush the passer, that also happens to have knee problems, is worth a top 15 selection.
The main issue is two fold, A, our buck linebacker situation sucked for most of the year. The WIlliams/Garvin tandem was not the most productive pairing I've seen lately. It got so bad we tried Troy P there, which was a total failure, and when you cut to the final analysis, once we committed to Palamalu up, the secondary was spread way to thin.

As for the DL, Contrary to popular belief, McClendon is not a bad NG. Our problem was when we went to the dime and we had no NG. Another issue was the soft play by the Keisel/Hood tandem at RE.

As for as for Nix, I say, nix Nix from the board. I agree. In today's game, that's a lot of luggage for a two or less down NG in this economy.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
CNEW (02-19-2014), FrancoLambert (02-19-2014)