View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #27
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,121 Times in 8,076 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Was Steve McLendon That Bad? And What About Louis Nix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Casey may have, but so did Jarvis. Nix still has that knee and fluctuating weight issue to tackle.

If we need a space eating Tackle, those guys are easy to find in the later rounds. Getting a blue chip Linebacker or CB prospect isn't easy to find past the first round. Hell, they're hard to find period.

Gilbert does have a bad burn rate, but that's because he gambles. He creates interceptions and he generates turnovers. He also played with some questionable Safeties as well. If we were to pair him up with an Ed Reynolds or Deonne Bucannon, I don't think he gets burned quite as often. It's a pro/con thing - he may indeed get burned, but he'll getcha interceptions as well.

If you wanted the safer route, Dennard doesn't get burned. He doesn't even really get beat.
There are even fewer blue chip NTs. Poe... Wilfork... uh... Poe.

I'd prefer Dennard over Gilbert (and so would LeBeau).

The guy to watch is Terrance Mitchell; the dude never gets burned. He's not great, but he's a solid #2. Also, a hitter at CB is Bene Benwikere out of San Jose St. Those two guys could be the "late round steals" that Kam Chancellor & Richard Sherman were: big, physical CBs.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
FrancoLambert (02-19-2014), harrison'samonster (02-19-2014), SteelersCanada (02-19-2014), steelfury02 (02-20-2014)