Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,817 Times in 1,834 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: B/R NFL Top 1000 - Pittsburgh Steelers

Fury's listing, heading into 2014 (top 10 btw)

1. P. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Rogers
6. E. Manning
8. Wilson
9. Kaep
10. Flacco

I'm sorry - you had to have at least won or lost a SB to be considered for top 10. You have to either be the final piece to a conference or world championship puzzle

To those fans that understand that winning is the only thing that matters. You may be surprised to see Flacco on this list - but he is at least good enough to get hot and help take his team on a run (which he did and very well could again - can't deny SB runs) The stage is not too big for him.

The stage IS too big (as of now) for (in order of biggest flame out) Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, and Philip Rivers. It was actually hard keeping Phillip Rivers out of the 10 spot - but he hasn't made it to the big game yet with some serious weapons around him (even though ownership has done a nice job of mucking up his chances)

Most important thing to consider for these top QB lists - not making mistakes on the big stage is not being a game manager (a title I despise) - you are a piece of a championship puzzle and without your championship caliber QB play - the team couldn't get it done. If you would ask me who was a top 10 QB going into 2001 - Trent Dilfer would have been on my list (even if it wouldn't have been for very long)

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-04-2014), NSMaster56 (02-20-2014)