StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,547 Times in 634 Posts
Default Re: It was 10 years ago…

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I watched a lot of MAC football back then. I fell in love w/ BB, while watching him play the Thundering Herd in 2002... and followed his junior season with much interest.

I wanted him as a Steeler, starting back in early September 2003... and I jumped (literally) for joy when he was drafted in April.

Craziest part: he didn't end up as a Raven.
My dad was ON THE MONEY with the Big Ben pick. I remember our secondary was atrocious in 2003 and we were in DESPERATE need of any secondary defenders to help us stop a cold, especially at corner. I had my eye on Dunta Robinson. My dad was watching Sportscenter before he went to work one morning and they were showing quick highlights of Ben.

He said to me: "If this Roethlisberger kid is at #11 and the Steelers don't take him? I'M DONE.." Sure enough, Ben fell and the rest is history.

The next year? He says "I like this Heath Miller..Tight End Virginia..."

Uh, rest is history lol.
43Hitman (02-20-2014), Men of Steel (02-20-2014), NSMaster56 (02-20-2014), teegre (02-20-2014)