View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #1014
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,191 Times in 4,622 Posts
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That's my dilemma, as well.

I really wish that the Steelers had three picks between 15-64: CB, NT, & OLB.

As it is right now, it's two of the three... and, my thinking is that Cortez & Gay (& Ike) can be just as good as Ike & Gay (& Cortez) was. Add two young CBs, and hope that they can start in the dime, and supplant Gay next year.

NOTE: If Ike comes back for cheap, then I'm almost positive that they will wait until R4 for a CB.
Even if Ike does come back, there's no depth if anyone were to be injured. If Cortez goes down, Ike goes right back into the starting role and once again we're in the same position as last year.

We absolutely need talent and depth at OLB/NT, but I think a first or second round pick on a CB is a necessity at this point. I haven't seen a lack of depth/talent on our team like this in a long, long time in a specific area. At Safety we have Shamarko, but after him is Will Allen and Robert Golden. Neither of those names inspire confidence.

I understand, and even up to a point agree with your idea, but I'm more anxious/nervous about our secondary than you are. In my mind, two of our top three picks have to be spent on our secondary. In the end, four of our top six, leaving room for a receiver/olb/nt to be picked somewhere.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-25-2014), Steelstoned1972 (02-25-2014), teegre (02-25-2014)