View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #1017
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 23,020 Times in 9,393 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Even if Ike does come back, there's no depth if anyone were to be injured. If Cortez goes down, Ike goes right back into the starting role and once again we're in the same position as last year.

We absolutely need talent and depth at OLB/NT, but I think a first or second round pick on a CB is a necessity at this point. I haven't seen a lack of depth/talent on our team like this in a long, long time in a specific area. At Safety we have Shamarko, but after him is Will Allen and Robert Golden. Neither of those names inspire confidence.

I understand, and even up to a point agree with your idea, but I'm more anxious/nervous about our secondary than you are. In my mind, two of our top three picks have to be spent on our secondary. In the end, four of our top six, leaving room for a receiver/olb/nt to be picked somewhere.
I hear you... but, let's assume that Worilds is gone (almost a given) and that Woodley is injured (assuredly a given). That means the LOLB is... uh... hmmm... who is it???

In other words&, while the secondary could lose Cortez, and be stuck with Ike & Gay... the OLB position is essentially one Woodley pulled hamstring away for starting (insert name here) at OLB.

CB then OLB... OLB then CB... both areas are areas of major concern.

(As is NT. )
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (02-25-2014), Steelstoned1972 (02-25-2014)