Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,831 Posts
Default Re: Draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I will say that I went to the guy's Twitter and saw a later tweet in response to someone calling him out for the tweet. He said, "I'm for Sam I'm not for ESPN telling me he's gay."

There's two ways we can interpret that, but my gut reaction is that he disliked the idea of homosexuality having to be such a big deal, instead of letting the guy just play football.

That said, his deletion of his Twitter tells me the other interpretation might be more accurate.
My bet is his agent or the PGA Tour told him to shut the site down

IMO the handbag tweet outed him on there being more that upsets him about Sam than the ESPN coverage

And as is often the case, folks put stuff out there and forget there is no delete button once you tweet it - this guy is an all purpose bigot but this link shows this was not his first rodeo when it comes to snappy comments about gay people

A deeper look at his account reveals something of a fixation on the sexuality of others:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-gay-joke.html