SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,524 Times in 4,075 Posts
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
I just don't see the true need. We've seen the system that keeps Ben healthy, and its not a dominating LT. It's a system that forces him to play quicker. if anything, giving him the illusion of better protection is just asking him to hold onto it longer and take more sacks. Plus, that's effectively throwing away your two 2nd rounders which I don't think they're prepared to do, especially with Much on board.
No, getting Veldheer or Albert is not going to give a future Hall of Fame Quarterback a false sense of protection. I've agreed with you up until this point. That doesn't make any sense. Haley's system is a quick strike system, granted, but getting a franchise Left Tackle isn't going to result in "more sacks" because Roethlisberger feels safer and reverts back to old ways.

Mike Adams has this off season to show something. Anything. Any kind of significant progress since his rookie season. If he doesn't with Munchak on the coaching staff then he needs to be relegated to a pure depth role. He is, until he proves otherwise, the biggest bust we've had since Limas Sweed.

I'm a big Gilbert fan and think he can be a solid RT in the NFL. I am, however, willing to put him in a depth role if we get a true franchise Tackle and can throw Beachum on the right side.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-02-2014)