View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #74
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Jason Worilds Given Transition Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
When you take into account not only this season, but the prior three and failure to be effective on the right side, it could be righting a prior wrong.

I'm rooting for him. I'd never root against any player on this team, but I'm worried about Worilds and whether or not 2013 was a flash in the pan. I hope not, but he really needs to register elite pass rushing numbers and develop his containment, as well as improve upon his ability to seal the edge in the run game.

Maybe as @harrisonsamonster said, the 9.75 was to buy a year and see whether or not he can be a 10+ sack, reliable edge rusher for this team. If not, locking him up would be Woodley all over again.
C'mon, SC. You can't really believe that the front office of the Pittsburgh Steelers is throwing that kind of money at Worilds purely to save some type of face? They are a much more savvy organization than that.

As I stated before, this gives them more time to evaluate his worth and get their house in order. It isn't killing them in the long run right now. Woodley is just as much of a question mark, but with a heftier price tag, recurring calf issues, and older. I'd rather take a chance on somebody who showed a little promise than a guy that keeps proving unreliable, uncommitted, and overpaid.

The bottom line is that the Steelers have bought themselves some time, flexibility, and are allowing the market to dictate Worilds' worth without committing prematurely to a long-term deal first. That's not a bad thing.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
SH-Rock (03-03-2014)