In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,632 Posts
My Mood: Shocked
Default Re: Cool Science Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
OK, the example you offer makes perfect sense especially where you state: "natural selection couldn’t manage that, for severing and rejoining a nerve is a step that reduces fitness"

So let's look at it from another perspective.
On the subject of tails, it is said that we all once had tails (the coccyx being the artifact) but what caused us to lose our tail? There must have been some triggering moment at which our tail began to recede and there must have also been some evolutionary time frame and skeletal example of that receding tail, but where is it and how long did it take to recede to its current state?

I find the nano-molecular theory fascinating and I wonder if there may actually be a connection between wishing for something Either consciously or unconsciously) and then having it become reality over an evolutionary time scale.

If I'm understanding that theory correctly, it seems to state that molecules on a nano level can join in what can only be described as a purposeful configuration, sharing similar movement and eventually affecting a change in development favoring such movement and there also seems to exist an undeniable relation to Quantum Entanglement.

Since Quantum Entanglement has been included in theoretical explanations of human consciousness, it may be too that some form of cognitive influence concerning evolutionary mutation could also exist and perhaps such mutations might not be completely random after all.

I love stuff like this!
Your question seems to presuppose a purpose driven evolution. There in no purpose. Tails would have gotten smaller and smaller through random mutations. As monkeys became more bipedal during the evolution to apes, tails would have no purpose and would be in the way similar to hind legs on whales.

Do you have links to the theories you reference?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Wagen (03-04-2014)