View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #152
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Ike Taylor's future with Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdell View Post
Not every team has a corner that can shutdown the opposing #1 reciever, let alone do it for several years. Can you name anyone that has been a #1 corner for 10 years? Dont forget that the Steelers had the #1 ranked D for several years. Mel Blount was quoted about 5 years ago that Ike was his #1 in the league. Im sure he was being a little biased but if Ike could catch he would have been a household name. Last year was the worst year that he has had, but to say that every team has an Ike Taylor is a stretch. I hope that they draft his replacement this year hopefully Gilbert or Dennard in the 1st or someone in the 2nd. They will draft 2 corners I hope that one is Jean Baptiste or McGill.
I'm sorry, but you greatly overrate Ike. He's simply not a legitimate #1 CB, and he never has been. He's an average NFL starting CB with poor hands. Just because he's wearing Black and Gold doesn't mean that we need to close our eyes.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote