View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #59
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,993 Times in 4,663 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Steelers run defense needs help but a nose tackle might not be the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJT View Post
With regards to Red Bryant, over the last 5 years...

Ziggy Hood 144 tackles, 11.5 sacks
Red Bryant 116 tackles, 3.5 sacks

I wouldn't be upset if they picked him up, a change of scenery might do him well. But I wouldn't expect him to be the savior of the DL, if anything it might be a lateral move from Hood.
Jaguars sign Red Bryant

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 8, 2014

The Jaguars have just bolstered their rebuilding effort with a big addition to their defense.

Red Bryant, a starting defensive end on last year’s Super Bowl-winning Seahawks team, has signed with Jacksonville. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that it’s a four-year deal.

The 6-foot-4, 323 pound Bryant has started every game but one in the last three seasons for Seattle. Overall he’s been with the Seahawks for six years, having arrived as a fourth-round pick in 2008.

Although the official free agency period hasn’t started yet, Bryant is eligible to sign now because he was released by the Seahawks in a cost-cutting move.

Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley was the Seahawks’ defensive coordinator from 2009 to 2012, so he knows Bryant well. Bryant will be a big part of Bradley’s efforts to turn around the struggling Jaguars.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gn-red-bryant/