Old 03-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #11
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,934 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: My 2 Cents: Draft "Wisdom"

[QUOTE=MontaniSemperLiberi;1281782]So here are some of my thoughts from last year going into the draft:

Le'Veon Bell and Brad Wing - check.

Le'Veon Bell, predicted the need for a backup at center behind Pouncey, and emphasized the need to draft safeties - check.

[QUOTE=MontaniSemperLiberi;1099585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlee731 View Post
Here's my attempt:

1) Arthur Brown (Kansas State) / Jarvis Jones (Georgia)

IMHO Brown is a downgrade from Sean Spence (plus he doesn't really fit a 3-4 scheme)... what we really need at linebacker is a thumper inside who's also capable of rushing the passer on the outside (flexible like Lawrence Timmons)... I think Jon Bostic is the most complete LB in the draft that fits this need, but I'm really hoping Sean Spence recovers to backup both positions and eventually replace James Harrison (after putting on more muscle) -or- we somehow get Rolando McClain so we can sure up RB/WR/QB/S depth via the draft. If we do end up picking a linebacker via the draft ideally it'd be Teo (2nd) or Bostic (2nd or 3rd... but honestly I think Bostic has better potential and wouldn't be upset if we traded back and selected him instead so we'd have more 2/3 round picks to address other positions).[/QUOTE}

Thumper Linebacker inside (reference Timmons): Vince Williams - check.

Le'Veon Bell in 2nd Round - Nailed it.
Can't really remember that far back but are you sure I wasn't laughing at the Geno Smith pick.