View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #31
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,695 Times in 4,775 Posts
Default Re: Top Prospects at Positions of Need, Additional End of Season Mock

Final Pre-draft Mock! I struggled heavily with these picks because, no matter which round I picked a guy in, there was an immense amount of talent that I was leaving on the board. This really is the deepest draft I've seen in a long, long time.

Round 1.

15. DB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State Universtiy.

At the end of the day, we have yet to address CB via free agency and this makes me think that Dennard is going to be the pick. I mentioned mid-February that Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix had a chance of being that dark horse candidate at 15, but with the addition of Mike Mitchell, that takes any Safety off the board at 15th overall. We've addressed WR, FS and DL in the first round, adding quality depth and a high quality free safety in Mitchell. The only other position of immediate, pressing need for this team is CB, and Dennard fits the bill.

I struggled with leaving Mosley on the board as I am absolutely positive that he's going to be an All Pro in this league for a long, long time. With the Steelers looking at Moat, though, it seems like they're just looking for depth behind Williams and Spence at this point.

Round 2.
14. WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson.

6'5, 200 lbs. and ran a 4.35 forty. While the rumors of Roethlisberger asking the Steelers for a tall receiver turned out to be false, we do need a taller receiver for this offense. Bryant fits this billing and while he may indeed be a bit of a project initially, the sky is the limit with this kid. He has the potential to be a very good receiver in the NFL with his mixture of size and speed.

Round 3.
Compensatory Selection. (??) overall. DB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma

He has the potential to be one of the best CBs in this draft, and if he didn't tear his ACL he was looking at a first round billing. He wouldn't need to come in and make in impact immediately, and this would give him time to rehabilitate from his injury. Put this kid in the Nickle for our defense with Dennard and Allen locking down the starting roles and our secondary is looking at a very bright future. Mitchell, Thomas, Dennard, Allen and Colvin would rival the best secondary in the NFL only a couple of years down the road. Speed, athleticism and talent is something this secondary has been missing for a long time and those five provide it in spades.

Round 4.
18. DE Anthony Johnson, Louisiana State University

Round 5.
17. DT George Uko, University of Southern California

Round 5.
Compensatory Selection. (??) overall. RB Storm Johnson, Central Florida

Round 6.
16. WR L'Damian Washington, Missouri

Round 7.
15. OT Matt Patchan, Boston College

@teegre I know, no Nix or Murphy, but I couldn't pass on Bryant and loaded up on DB talent.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-24-2014)