Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,240 Times in 3,618 Posts
Default Re: Jim Irsay arrested

Colts' owner Jim Irsay carrying $29K cash when arrested

Many other new details about Irsay's arrest are contained in police reports obtained Wednesday by The Indianapolis Star through a public records request....

Irsay was pulled over at about 11:40 p.m., near the intersection of Horseferry Road and Main Street, after a Carmel officer on routine patrol observed him driving erratically.

"I observed a vehicle traveling east bound that appeared to be traveling at approximately 10 mph in a 35 mph zone
," the officer wrote in his report.

"As I passed the vehicle I continued to observe it in my side view mirror. I observed the vehicle come to a complete stop on W. Main Street for no apparent reason. I turned my squad car around and began to drive to the vehicle's location. As I was approaching the vehicle it began to slowly move east bound and came to another complete stop in the lane of travel for no apparent reason."

While Irsay was at the jail, other Carmel officers took an inventory of his vehicle before it was towed to a storage facility. The report said those officers "recovered numerous prescription medication bottles containing pills." During the inventory, officers also reported finding $29,029 in cash.

The inventory turned up $14,516 in the briefcase, $2,513 in Irsay's wallet and $12,000 in one of two "laundry" bags on the passenger's side floorboard, according to police records. In addition to the pills found in Irsay's briefcase, reports said they found more pills in bottles located in the two bags.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...iving/6937551/

I guess he needed the cash in the laundry bag because he was waiting for a new debit card from the bank