View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,274 Times in 4,123 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: I want to talk about Aaron Donald one more time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin7558 View Post
His tape is just so damn good!

Relatively short arms could be a problem at the next level, especially if he draws double teams. You need length to keep stronger fastee NFL lineman off your chest. I still think he is to quick for most and his first step and violent hands should help. He is not a direct scheme fit but I think they could adapt his skills to the 3-4 gradually. He'd be a stud in the nickel sets we ran 60% of the time last season. After his rookie season I think he will be capable of racking up 7-10 sacks a year no matter what team or scheme he is in. Tackles would sweat lining up to him with Worilds coming down the pipe second.

I'd prefer him over Mosley since we have a number of candidates who could develop at ILB (Williams, spence, moats). I think he'd be on the field more than Nix. If he's there and Barr/Dennard/Gilbert and Evans were off the board I would look to either trade back or take him. I wouldn't be disappointed if Nix was the pick. We need a dominate rush again & it all starts up front.
You make some very good points, and too be honest I'm not sold that we're going CB or WR in the 1st.
devin7558 (04-01-2014)