View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default SI.com's 2005 NFL Team Previews

Twenty-five seasons have passed since the Steelers last won a Super Bowl, and a new generation hungers for a championship of its own in Pittsburgh. After coming close so often over the past decade, the president of the franchise believes it's time to add another Vince Lombardi trophy to the club's aging quartet.

"I think for the people who have been around for awhile now, I think we all feel like it's time," Art Rooney says. "We've been close and we have to take that last step."

The Steelers were the surprise of the NFL last season when, behind a rookie quarterback, they became the first team from the AFC to go 15-1. But they also became only the second 15-1 NFL team not to reach the Super Bowl when they lost the AFC Championship game at home for the fourth time in 11 years.

Nothing less than a Super Bowl will be good enough this season, even though they suffered losses in free agency. Coach Bill Cowher worries that it will be difficult to match last year's determination by a team embarrassed with its 6-10 record in 2003.

"Going into this season there will be talk of this football team being one of the preseason favorites," Cowher says. "Those are the things you have to fight. Complacency can create a lot of disappointment if you are not careful. I think that is the challenge we have."

Rest of the article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._steelers.html

The article was good in my opinion. The only thing I didn't like was the last part. Kendrell Bell had been injuried and Larry Foote played well. No doubt is Kendrell a great player, but he wasn't exactly a big impact on last year.

Last edited by Prosdo; 07-18-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote