Old 04-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #229
SteelerJT
Living Legend

Member Number: 25777
Thanked 5,824 Times in 2,612 Posts
Default Re: Blount is a done deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Do I see them taking a returner? Sure. Do I see them taking a RB for an offensive role? Nope. They might take someone like Dunn who specializes in PR/KR, but it won't be for offensive snaps. They just can't spread that out. Bell needs 15 - 20 touches / game, and Blount is going to get 8 - 10 and you have to give the ball to Brown at least 5 - 7 times a game (likely more). If you factor in Wheaton, Miller and Moore, we're running out of snaps here.

I'm still liking DHB to be the return man. I know he has had drop issues, but that 4.23 speed is intriguing.
I don't know. Two back sets from the shotgun could be intriguing with another pass capable back. I agree I wouldn't look for anyone to make a major impact on offense, but I still say there's a role for a dynamic playmaker.

I don't buy it. Could he be? Sure. Is there any reason to believe it? No. We're talking about a guy who didn't play special teams for the first time ever until December of last year. That's including high school and college. Somebody mentioned before he was a return man in college, but I haven't been able to find any stats on that. Is he on the list? Absolutely. But it's loony to put all our eggs in that basket.
SteelerJT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelerJT For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-04-2014), SteelersCanada (04-04-2014)