View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #11
MontaniSemperLiberi
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24812
Default Re: Most Glaring Need: OLB Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontaniSemperLiberi View Post
So here's my ideal situation for the Steelers in the upcoming 2014 draft.

1) Louis Nix - NT, Notre Dame

2) Kahlil Mack - OLB, Buffalo (never happening now thanks to TV exposure)
-or-
Jeremiah Attaochu - DE (3-4 OLB), Georgia Tech / Dee Ford - DE (3-4 OLB), Auburn

3) Cyrus Kouandjio - OT, Alabama (will probably be long gone) / Morgan Moses - OT, Virginia / JuWuan James - OT, Tennessee

4) E.J. Gaines - CB, Missouri / Victor Hampton - CB, South Carolina
-or-
Charles Sims - RB, West Virginia

5) Lache Seastrunk - RB, Baylor / Andre Williams - RB, Boston College
-or-
Brandon Coleman - WR, Rutgers / Devin Street - WR, Pitt / Cody Latimer - WR, Indiana

6) Morgan Breslin - DE (3-4 OLB), Southern California / Cassius Marsh - DE (3-4 OLB), California Los Angeles / Michael Sam - DE (3-4 OLB), Missouri

7) Dri Archer - WR/RB (like Tavon Austin but has untested receiving capability), Kent State

Other Players I really like that fit the Steelers mold at each position:

Zach Mettenberger - QB, Louisiana State
Jerick McKinnon - RB, Georgia Southern
Kelvin Benjamin - WR, Florida State
Joe Don Duncan - TE, Dixie State

OT - All those elite guys we don't have much of a shot at (unless teams reach for quarterbacks in round one): Robinson, Matthews, Lewan
OG - Gabe Jackson/Cyril Richardson... we can't afford to draft guards/don't need them

C - (somebody to provide depth... not much film to evaluate on interior offensive lineman)

DE - Ed Stinson/Stephon Tuitt (blah blah blah)... we will move McClendon to end opposite Heyward (Arnfeldt looks like a contender btw).

Scott Crichton (move to runstopping OLB position) / Aaron Donald (could he possibly cut weight and move to OLB? I love what I see from Donald, but he's not really a good fit on the DL)

Caraun Reid - DT, Princeton
Christian Jones - OLB, Florida State
Andrew Jackson - ILB, Western Kentucky (I think he goes undrafted and whoever picks him up will be surprised, but it will not be the Steelers)
Lamarcus Joyner - SS, Florida State (Shamarko Thomas with more upside)
Deone Bucannon - FS, Washington State (imagine Ryan Clarke was brainwashed to make interceptions sometimes instead of always laying the big hit)
CB - PIERRE DESIR is the man!
I believe this is the post you are referring to... my Ideal Situational Picks were listed in bold. There are other ancillary players I like for the Steelers listed at the Bottom, but I never said whether they would be available because in most cases I think they will be selected ahead of the where Steelers pick in the corresponding round where most of them are graded - I listed them at the bottom because even though I think they fit what the Steelers do I think it's unrealistic that they slide down, but if they do I think the Steelers would jump at the opportunity.

(Also, no it's becoming very likely two of the three tackles I listed in round three will be off the board when the Steelers pick... then I think we start to look at WR early).
MontaniSemperLiberi is offline   Reply With Quote