SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,762 Times in 4,802 Posts
Default Re: Most Glaring Need: OLB Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontaniSemperLiberi View Post
I think Dennard has the potential to be good if the officials let him play physical (like Sherman, Browner, etc), but my worry with him is that he may be slower than Ike Taylor in deep coverage.

Is that Marcus Smith, Chris Smith, or Telvin Smith with the 3rd Rd Compensatory?

Shaquil Barrett... now that's balsy! I've never even heard of him, but he looks to be more of a run stopper than pass rusher because he has a slow start off the snap - nevertheless he seems to get the job done despite how awkward he may look doing it (kind of like watching Andre Williams run).

Also what about the compensatory fifth, sixth, compensatory sixth and seventh round picks... offense?
Telvin Smith. I love his game. He covers like a Safety but is physical for a Linebacker. In our nickle/dime, I think he can take on a similar role as Kam Chancellor.

Barrett has all the tools. He was coached under Porter at CSU, and has the potential to be a quality depth player for us. While I disagree in that he looks like a run stopper, he needs to work on his technique and bend. If he's able to, he could be in the rotation for us.

As for the other compensatory selections, I'm not sure. I'm not done watching film / reading up on prospects to make an education opinion. In my last mock, I had a couple DE's and NT's going late, but I don't know if we go that route. Give me a week, I'll give you something more educated and accurate.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
MontaniSemperLiberi (04-20-2014)