pancake
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: 2012 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Indeed.
I always knew that Wilson was a pipedream. I envisioned him taking over for BB in 2016, but I'm happy for him, that he's starting elsewhere.

DD was always my guy. I wanted him as a Steeler for two entire years, and we got him.

Ta'amu was also a guy who I watched for over a year, and I thought was going to go R1; I thought that I'd have to choose between him & DD (which was no choice: DD all the way). Then, he injured his shoulder, and fell. I thought it would be him or Spence in R2.

Mike Adams surprised me. And, at that point, I figured that both Spence & Ta'amu were goners. So, when the Steelers got both of them, I swore that it was the best draft ever. Alas...

Boykin would (obviously) have been the better choice (especially over Ta'amu), but I still think that Spence would have been one of the best players in that draft. You can't predict injuries, and I'd pick Spence a hundred times out of a hundred chances.
I couldn't believe that we nabbed Ta'amu in round 4. I still think we should have kept him instead of our current back up NT...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pancake For This Useful Post:
teegre (04-24-2014)